15 Crazy Death Facts!
This is all just a bit of fun. I don't know how accurate some these 'facts' are but there is some truth in some of them? Death is both saddening and fascinating. We all wonder what happens after we die, but do we ever really learn as much as we can
from the information we do have? It's like they say, your body is a temple, except this temple does some seriously strange things. Using your own digestive juices to eat yourself? No problem! Getting an erection when you're hanged to
death? It happens!
Scroll down for some really strange facts about death!
1. A human head remains conscious for around 20 seconds after being decapitated.
It's probably thinking "this is weird".
2. A body decomposes four times faster in water than on land.
3. Within three days of death, the enzymes from your digestive system begin to digest your body.
4. About 153,000 people worldwide die everyday.
5. When a person dies, their sense of hearing is the last to go.
6. You can't die of 'old age', only from diseases brought on by age.
7. Men who are hanged get a death erection, known as rigor erectus.
8. In some cases, bodies develop a corpse wax that can preserve the remains for years!
9. Forensic scientists can tell how long it has been since death by looking at the species of insect on the body.
10. The skin around the finger and toenails dries and contracts after death, making it look as though they have grown.
11. Dead bodies swell up like balloons after about four days, due to the release of gases and liquids.
Is that why they float in water?
12. The Zoroastrian Parsi community in India offers its dead to vultures rather than burying/burning them.
13. The Turritopsis Dohrnii jellyfish is officially known as the only immortal creature in the world. It lives forever.
They'll probably take over the world one day.
14. More than 7000 people die annually due to the doctor's bad handwriting.
15. Left handed people die 3 years earlier than right handed people.
(That's me and a whole lot of other people screwed!)